Capestorm Overland 75L – Backpack
The Capestorm Overland 75 is a multi-day backpack that offers a good amount of internal space, as well as some external expanding pockets and a removable lid. The backpack isn’t very well designed, but it’s quite sturdy with an adjustable aluminum frame that accommodates most torso sizes.
The pack is made from 420D Poly Ripstop which is great and repairs easily with dental floss when you’re in a jam. It also has ample loops to which extra gear can be strapped or clipped via carabiner; trekking pole toggle cords and two foot loops that supports even more gear. The semi adjustable sternum strap goes hand in hand with the adjustable back system and the padded hip belt adds even more to the overall comfort. Gear can be easily accessed from the top and the bottom, making gear retrieval a breeze and the compression straps keep everything well balanced once strapped down.
The backpack comes with a rain cover which is great and the removable lid (brain) makes for a good toiletry, or snack bag.
There are however a few downsides (in my opinion) to owning this budget friendly backpack.
- The hip belts offer no storage compartments.
- The hip padding could be more generous.
- The shoulder strap padding could be more generous.
- The back ventilation could be improved upon.
- The sternum straps could be more adjustable vertically to accommodate female chests.
In my honest opinion, the backpack offers decent value for money in comparison to other bags on the market. Sure there are cheaper options, naturally more pricey ones too, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Despite the shortcoming as listed above, for a beginner, this backpack would suffice. However, the vertically limited sternum straps could prove to be a challenge for women.
- Adjustable height aluminum frame system
- Well-padded and ventilated back system
- Padded waist strap to keep pack secure and weight off back
- Adjustable sternum strap and padded shoulder straps
- Rain cover included
- Walking pole toggle cord
- Separable bottom compartment
- Expandable side pockets for easy access
- Bungee cords on front of pack for additional storage
- Removable lid that can double as a toiletry bag
- Side compression straps to maintain pack stability
- Front access zip
- Front loops to attached additional gear on that doesn’t fit in pack
- Hydration bladder compatible
- Product type: Bags and packs
- Best use: Hiking
- Weight (kg): 1.88 kg
- Volume: 75 l
- External side pockets: Yes
- Fabric Description 420D Poly Ripstop \/ 600D TPU
- Gender: Unisex
- Hydration pack compatible: Yes
- Inner pockets: Yes
- Rain cover included: Yes
- Adjustable Sternum strap: Yes
- Trekking poles loops: Yes
- Vented back: Yes